RSS

50 ways to leave your lover

Categories

Couples Corner
powered by

My Blog

A personal trainer for the mind

Gone are the days when you lay on the couch and talked about the first thing that came to your mind while the analyst or god like figure infrequently gave pronouncements which were called insight.  30 years ago I went to a Jungian analyst who wrote down my dreams and told me I had a fear of success.   No, I didn’t, I was in an impossible job situation and the minute I quit I felt much better.

Today’s therapy is a relationship between two people.  A therapist is no longer a blank screen but a collaborator. A personal trainer for the mind. You’re doing the heavy lifting.  You remain the expert on your life, your thoughts, your feelings.   The therapist is only the expert on the process of therapy.

A personal trainer helps you to reach your physical peak, a therapist helps you to experience life more fully.

Isn’t your mental well-being as important as your physical health?

What are the benefits of mental well-being?

- Reduced stress and anxiety,

- a decrease in negative thoughts and self-sabotaging behaviors,

- improved relationships,

- increased capacity for intimacy and

- increased self confidence.

To accomplish these things you’re going to have to work your muscles. It will involve effort on your part and active participation in the therapy process.   And just like with weight lifting, where the muscle building takes place the day after you train, the real progress in therapy happens between sessions.  A client asked me “Am I supposed to be thinking about our conversation all week between sessions.”  Yes!  That’s when growth happens.

While you’re doing the work, it’s helpful to have a fitness expert by your side to help you set goals, show you how to achieve them, and cheer you along the way.

So if you would like to strengthen your emotional core, consider a consultation, a fitness assessment if you will, to determine if your emotional well-being is as toned and buff as you would like it to be

41 Comments to A personal trainer for the mind:

Comments RSS
personal trainer stratford on Friday, January 17, 2014 8:12 AM
Personal training reflection pushes enthusiastic physical balance and a calm personality. Accordingly, it secures against the weights of day by day living. Our always expanding day by day anxiety decimates health and satisfaction. The consistent yoga specialist remains youthful and animated longer than the individuals who don't drill Yoga. This prompts decrease of wrinkles and gives a common cosmetic touch up.

Yoga Shape Shifter on Monday, March 31, 2014 3:06 AM
Doing workout under a professional personal trainer is best way to lose you body weight.

Coach frankfurt on Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:34 PM
Enormous information in one blog post, I just love it. I must appreciate and mention that you completely know how to keep connected reader to blog post even if it is little long. Very good job.

ecift.com on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 10:19 AM
This has to be one of my favorite posts! And on top of thats its also very helpful topic for newbies. Thanks

livewetten on Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:47 PM
Sportwetten System

www.qualitywatchesdepot.com on Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:52 PM
Looked the site it was really well presented.

live on Saturday, July 26, 2014 6:56 AM
Diese true Einkommen Boni Sportwetten und Casino Online-Casino ist a ausgezeichneter Ort zu besitzen Genuss und Gewinn gross . live Allererste aus, Kasse Steh von die Sportwetten und sehen bewaeltigen Geld geschuldeten.

grownupbaking on Monday, August 18, 2014 12:59 AM
Continuing on with scuba vacation special at the Qamea Beach Resort and Spa, that Scuba Dive Asia is bringing to the attention of scuba divers scheduling their yearly or regular scuba diving vacations in Fiji, the island of Qamea is a stunning island of s

hotelsandresort on Monday, August 18, 2014 12:59 AM
The good time to visit Alleppey is during the time of August or September. It is the time when Allapuzha witnesses the famous Snake boat race at Punnamada Lake. Make sure you make advance booking for that. The snake boats are large boat which measures between hundred and hundred and thirty feet can seat more then hundred oarsmen.

afterbusinesscommunity on Monday, August 18, 2014 12:59 AM
In the business world, written communication is as important as verbal communication. However, a close observation has shown that more executives have poor business writing skills which have accounted for a majority of business failure, fueled major crisis, increased rejection rate of products and services.

dlshealthcareconsulting on Monday, August 18, 2014 1:00 AM
Geriatrics and Gerontology are often used to mean the same thing.  Geriatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the illness and care of the aged, while Gerontology is the study of factors affecting the normal aging process and the effects of aging on persons of all ages.

parkpenny on Monday, August 18, 2014 1:00 AM
The number one thing to seem at when picking which penny stocks to watch is tendency. If you seem into the record of a company's stock cost, you will observe patterns of dips and peaks. This information lets you to pick the absolute greatest time to buy. You can buy during a plunge and sell correct at the peak roughly all time.

essay writer on Thursday, November 13, 2014 2:14 AM
Homogeneous education and learning system may well produce the education and learning trend within Tamil Nadu plus it will scatter over all the actual declares. The costa rica government will also make eager focus towards the education and learning system inside our country.

car title loans on Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:25 AM
College pedagogy tuition is pricey. With associate automatic headline loan at cash land I accustomed be able to get the cash I needed to assist my female continue her information. the staff was masterful and useful and jointly the strategy was wise and straightforward.

Stock Trading Tips on Friday, May 29, 2015 3:19 AM
Best blog Have You published by Susannah Cobb!The small group classes are brilliant and offer the benefits of almost one-on-one focus with the trainer without the price tag of a personal training session.

online proofreading service on Sunday, September 20, 2015 8:14 AM
I was in an impossible job situation and the minute I quit I felt much better.

70-410 on Wednesday, January 13, 2016 3:18 AM
Hey Admin! A personal trainer for the mind really interesting topic for those person who are interested in training topic and images. By the way admin can help this topic with some training images. By the way i am study about the different certified like networking and windows server based information provide. Admin thanks for sharing nice post.

Exam Collection on Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:23 AM
Hey Admin! A personal trainer for the mind admin really impressive topic shared in this site. I am sure people like this topic and like the image shared your blog. I am looking the certification paper the paper like windows and networking based information provide. Admin thanks for sharing nice post.

http://www.lucypremium.co.uk on Thursday, May 12, 2016 8:54 PM
A therapist is no longer a blank screen but a collaborator.

solution to weight loss on Tuesday, August 09, 2016 8:47 AM
This is quite important article with lots of information about personal trainer. This is true that a personal trainer helps you to reach your physical peak as well. Thank you so much.

world travel tip on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:25 PM
Lufthansa reveals their Top flight space strategy with even, retro pattern and relaxing leather ergonomic chairs. Upon earliest entering the exact airport, you’re met in conjunction with concierge services, limousine-transfer direct to your aircraft, this gourmet bistro, a specific Cigar Set and specific attention before takeoff. www.worldtraveltip.org

buy and sell websites on Monday, November 28, 2016 3:06 AM
i must appreciate you with what you have told. you are right that mind training is much essential than body training. every person in this world need motivation i think so i do . you should keep writing such good posts.

ultrasounds at 6 weeks on Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:24 PM
Hi admin, I really believe in self-counseling because every man need to polish his soul by getting know about you self by seeing your self from another's eye.

xmovies8 on Sunday, May 14, 2017 4:59 AM
Hey, admin, I read your article. I am very pleased to read that article. the way you express that thing and people will love that way you have to expand the data and word knowledge you have lot.i don't think anyone can explain that thing in such nice manner but you have the gadgets of that thing and I am very happy that few people have who know that thing very well I will suggest that site to my friend then he will get knowledge thanks for sharing.

Dr. Ishtiaq Malik on Wednesday, July 26, 2017 5:48 AM
Moreover, there, he explored each plausibility to show his character. He was respected among all his kindred mates since he generally helped them in their inconveniences.

go streams on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 11:34 AM
I am really very happy to find this particular site. I just wanted to say thank you for this huge read!! I absolutely enjoying every petite bit of it and I have you bookmarked to test out new substance you post.

johanseena on Friday, January 26, 2018 11:54 PM
A personal trainer is an individual certified to have a varying degree of knowledge of general fitness involved in exercise prescription and instruction. They motivate clients by setting goals and providing feedback and accountability to clients. Trainers also measure their client's strengths and weaknesses with fitness ...

international urdu news paper on Monday, February 26, 2018 12:24 AM
Today morning i read this blog post and as i read my interest become developed in every line and finally i finished and enjoyed to much.i must refer to my other friends.international urdu news paper

Cutting Stack on Monday, May 14, 2018 4:46 AM
Thanks for sharing the info

alice on Thursday, May 31, 2018 4:41 AM
nice

cheap longchamp bags on Tuesday, June 05, 2018 1:13 AM
A therapist is no longer a blank screen but a collaborator.

Dr. Salman Kazim on Saturday, July 21, 2018 12:39 AM
I like your article if you want online therapist help then visit our site.

test on Monday, July 30, 2018 12:56 AM
test

replica oakley sunglasses sale on Monday, September 17, 2018 8:41 PM
A therapist is no longer a blank screen but a collaborator.

College Dating on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:36 AM
It's always been a pleasure to learn something by reading such a valuable blog. Thanks for sharing your insights and giving enlightenment to your readers by writing. You're a great writer. Please keep it up.

1dollarhostings on Tuesday, December 04, 2018 11:12 PM
Good to see your post here and it is really interesting. Godaddy 1 dollar Hosting

99 rs domain godaddy on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:53 PM
I don t have the time at the moment to fully read your site but I have bookmarked it. I will be back in a day or two. thanks for a great site.

Top 10 web hosting companies on Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:54 PM
It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you simply shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

instagram viewer on Friday, July 12, 2019 2:49 AM
Thank you for some other informative website. The place else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

Blog voyage famille on Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:40 AM
Voyager est une bonne habitude. C'est un mode de vie qui donne un sens à notre vie. Les voyages élargissent également l'esprit et enrichissent la mémoire. Alors planifiez de voyager pendant vos vacances. Mon blog de voyage peut aider je pense.

Aids4mobility on Thursday, November 07, 2019 11:03 PM
A personal trainer for the mind is most useful to set the mind in the goal and also to find inner peace. Also for physical balance, some tools help like the trainer, such as walking sticks are very helpful to keep balance when walking. Folding walking sticks are nowadays very popular as they are easy to carry and comfortable.